Mortgage Loan Document Checklist
Use this checklist to ensure you have everything you need before you begin your loan application. Having all necessary documentation up front saves time so your loan can close smoothly and quickly.
What documents are needed for mortgage underwriting?
- W-2 forms (previous 2 years)
- Pay stubs (2 most recent)
- If self-employed-Two years signed tax returns with all schedules & YTD profit & loss
- Employer name & address ( 2 year history)
- Bank Accounts(s) Statements (recent 2 months)
- Statements for 401(k)s, stocks, other investments (most recent)
- Photo identification (valid Driver’s License or Passport)
- Letter of explanation (signed and dated) of any large deposits other than normal payroll into accounts.
- Letter of explanation (signed and dated) of any inquiries on credit report.
- If selling your current home – Contract for home being sold
- For eligible Active Military and Veterans- DD214 & Certificate of Eligibility
- Divorce Decree and Separation Agreement (if applicable).
There are a few additional items required for home purchases and refinances.
Additional Documents Needed for a Home Purchase
- New home Sales Agreement, specifications, plans, and/or legal description
- Copy of Earnest Money Check
- First time home buyers– Landlord name & address for previous 2 years
Additional Documents Needed for a Mortgage Refinance
- Copy of current deed
- Most recent State property tax bill or receipt
- Mortgage Statement
- Insurance Declaration Page
- Survey (if applicable)